Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Passport to Purity



I mentioned last weekend that Luke and I had gone out of town to do this thing called Passport to Purity!
It was an amazing weekend.
We went to a Holiday Inn Express in St Croix Valley, WI.
We left town on Friday night.
We ate dinner out and began our Passport Weekend.
Luke and I went through a book together while we listened to corresponding cd's.
There were five object lessons that I put together ahead of time.
One of them involved a puzzle.
Luke put together two of them by the end of the weekend.


By the time we were finished, we had done 5 sessions.
Luke and I had some great sharing time as we learned more about each other, as well as what the bible says about sex.


We were also supposed to have an activity as part of the weekend.
We drove to Wisconsin to go snowboarding and skiing at a little
ski resort called Trollhaugen.
UNFORTUNATELY...
last weekend was the coldest we've had here in a few years.
We were in the -20 degree range.
I am pretty sure that Luke could have handled the temps,
but I couldn't have.
I am the biggest wimp ever.
I get cold when the temps are in the 70's.
SO, after much brainstorming, we went to a place downtown
Minneapolis called Game Works.
This is a huge arcade type place.
But, this is a more high end type of place.
We had a great time playing air hockey,
Deal or No Deal,
as well as
shooting games and driving games.
I even beat Luke at one driving game.





We ended the weekend at Cracker Barrel.
Luke signed a contract regarding his purity,
and he received a purity ring.
What an amazing weekend.
I would definitely recommend it to any parent.
I would say 12 or 13 is a great age to do this.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to hear more about this weekend and it's objective.
It sounds like you had some great time as a mom and son and that's great!
Love that Game Works place to go! MY kids would love it!
L.

Anonymous said...

That is soo awesome that you went through that Luke!! I remember going through it and I reraqlly got a lot out of it! I hope you stay true to what you discussed and stick to the limits you've placed on yourself, God has placed on you, and your mom has placed on you!!

~Ryan Dorendorf