Monday, January 25, 2010

The Truth

I want to step out of my past, as a woman whose children would rather live with their father, and step into the present. The fact that I AM, indeed a mother! Sometimes I don't even feel like a mother any more.
I want them to remember that family is forever. That they can survive challenges, even unexpected ones that are terrifically sad. Change is inevitable and you can always survive it. That's what I hope I have taught my own children by my life. That even through change, you can come out the other side with joy and greater understanding. Something new always in the future, but it's got the potential for so many amazing things. To remember what the joy of what it was at the time, even though it's not that any more.
The truth is the best thing that I can give my children. The truth to tell it like it is. To mean what I say. To be open to anything they want to tell me.
To love them TRULY UNCONDITIONALLY!
We need families so we can learn what it means to love ALL THE WAY!!
NO MATTER WHAT happens...I will always be there for my family!
I hope that they always know, long after I am gone, that they were TRULY LOVED!!

No comments: