Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflection


As I sit pondering what 2011 will hold, I can't help but look back at 2010.
It was an amazing year!
Chloe and Ryan graduated from high school. Luke and Isaiah got drivers licenses. Seth and Ashley got married. Huge family milestones. Sources of great joy and celebrations.

A year of heartbreak as well. Children leaving for college, leaving a large hole in our family. Chloe dropping out of college, but having no clue where she wants to go next. Seth and Ashley still living in Georgia, and an economy that doesn't make moving home feasible. Luke pulling further and further away, leaving me with next to no relationship with my baby.

Without my relationship with Jesus, I could not face each new day. Jesus IS my portion!! He fills in all the places of my heart which are empty and cracked. He soothes the ache, and helps me find my joy. In him I am complete.

What will 2011 hold?
A beautiful relationship that sharpens me, makes me a better person, and fills me with love and joy. Friendships that stretch me, make me think, make me laugh and make me cry. Parenting a 19 year old to realize her full potential, and applying tough love to assist her growth. Spending more time with my parents, and hopefully my brother. Desperately wanting these relationships to grow as I become more and more aware of how important they are. Learning to let go of my baby, and let God control the situation with Luke. Trusting that he can change the situation. Daily relying on Christ for the strength to do anything.

Yes, 2010 was a wonderful, and painful year. Maybe that's the way they always are. Without the pain, it's harder to appreciate the joy; the truly amazing miracle that life is.

May your 2011 be a year of firsts, lasts, and laughter that makes you pee a little!

1 comment:

Lynda I said...

It's always good to reflect on the past year. I agree with you...we need some struggles and pain to appreciate the love and joy we have in our lives!
Happy New Year!
Lynda