Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's not too late

Today in church I was struck by what my real purpose on earth is.Why am I here?
I've been doing life like this is all there is... my stuff, my plans, my enjoyment.
I've lost sight of the bigger picture... my purpose as it relates to eternity.
What am I doing here that is going to LAST for beyond my lifetime?

It's the love that Jesus has for me that I should pour out on my friends, my family, my neighbors... so that maybe they will see Him.
It's the blessings He's given me that I should share with all those in need... so that maybe they will feel Him.
It's the courageous spiritual conversations that I should instigate... so that maybe they will know Him.
It really isn't about me... this gift of life... it's about passing it on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Kari updated the survey
fk :)

Anonymous said...

It's hard to pass it on sometimes - one does lose focus. Thanks for reminding me...
Lynda