Saturday, January 31, 2009

Living Differently

Every day I wake up early to have my quiet time with the Lord. I am reading through the Bible in a year. I have one of those Bible in a Year things. This is now my third year with it...and I have been more diligent since Thanksgiving break...when I began again to make a new habit.
Each morning I spend time in reading, reflecting and prayer. Each day my prayer is to be somehow different...look a little less like the world to my friends and family. It is an earnest prayer...and each day I fall flat. It is often times so discouraging. Yet, I don't want to be one of those people who live life looking backwards, wishing I would have always done it differently.
After work yesterday, I went out to Happy Hour with a bunch of folks from work. On the way there I prayed for common sense, a quiet spirit, and NOT LOOSE LIPS!
You know how it went....
I was ok at first...but after an hour...the real me comes out....and I am suddenly engaging in all of the conversations. I am laughing at the coarse jokes. I am speaking things that do not bring joy to the Lord!
Each day is a new day...I am covered by His grace!
He gives me strength to begin each new day with renewed strength and purpose to try it again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to talk to you about this entry sometime! I have so many thoughts about it!
L.

Kari Simonson said...

I would welcome the conversation!
Did you finish The Shack?

Anonymous said...

I haven't finished The Shack yet. Have you read my blog lately??