Saturday, February 21, 2009

Like Sour Cream









I keep checking books out of the library.
There are so many amazing books that I want to read.
I go once or twice a week to the library and pick up the books that have come for me.
HOWEVER...I don't have time to read them.
I used to have a thing about buying sour cream. I would buy sour cream each week from the milk man. When it came time to clean the fridge there would be 5 to 8 containers of sour cream that had expired. I loved the idea of having sour cream in my house, just in case.
This is what books are like for me.
I WANT to read these books, and just in case I find a minute; I want to have a book on hand.
However, like Angela just told me, books are sour cream for me right now.
It's a bummer!
BUT...for right now I have too many professional books to read. If I have any spare time, I need to be writing. No time to read for pleasure.
Books are my sour cream!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this! I remember you talking about how you always have sour cream and you never use it, good memories!

Anonymous said...

Books are toilet paper for me - I never want to be without it. But at least toilet paper doesn't spoil!
L.

Kari Simonson said...

...and of course you can relate to this Lynda!!
LOVE IT!!