Friday, July 24, 2009

Words to Lift Me Up

This morning as I was driving to the gym, I was feeling a bit down, and wondering when this sadness would leave me. I was listening to The Refuge (my favorite radio station), and the Lord gave me two songs this morning to comfort me.
Music is my worship language, and the Lord speaks to me so often through music.
The first son was Big Enough by Ayiesha Woods. I've heard the song a zillion times, but the words were for my heart this morning.

Lyrics to Big Enough :
You turned water into wine - how extraordinary
Gave sight to the blind - and still I carry
My own load when you told me
To take your yoke ‘cause yours is easy

And I don't wanna box you in
You've been doing big things since the world began
Sometimes I just don't wanna believe
That you're big enough - but you're big enough yeah!
But you're big enough Jesus

You turned darkness into light - keep my lamp burning
And you are my everything
There's no denying, your love is so amazing
And even though my problems seem typical
Nothing for you is ever too difficult
You never have reservations - love without limitations

Then, for some reason, the Refuge played Selah, which is kinda of OLD school for this radio station. But as I was listening, and singing, I realized the words were for me.


You Raise Me Up by Selah

When I am down, and oh my soul, so weary.
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be.
Then I am still and wait here in the silence.
Until You come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up to more than I can be.

The Lord is so good to me.

No comments: