Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Manifesting What is Before Us

I am reading a charming book called The Art of Racing in the Rain. It is a sweet account of the dog's life as he looks back on how rich his life has been. I might be reading it, in part, because we have just put down our old, sweet Sam!
When something hits me, I love to write it down. The dog, Enzo, has just said something profound:
That which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves.
I alone, can manifest a change in that which is around me. While I cannot say that I am a master of my own destiny, I can say that I have experienced a glimpse of mastery, and I know what I have to work toward.

No comments: