Friday, August 24, 2007

My Children


Niagara Falls, Summer 2006

I've been thinking a lot about my children lately!
I guess as they get older, you get further away from the little ones they used to be. As Seth gets ready to move out, and away, I find myself wanting to cherish every moment that I have with my three kids.

Seth, my firstborn, is ready to move out and begin his life as a grown up. He was my little boy just yesterday.
How can it be that Chloe is starting 10th grade? Wasn't she just a little pixie running around after her big brother?
How could Luke have just become a teenager? 13 can be so grown up at times.
Parenting is about teaching your kids what they need to know to be prepared for the "real world".
They are supposed to grow up and leave. The hard part is being ok with it.

I remember when they were little, I wanted them to grow up. Now that they are growing up, a part of me wants them little again. Back when life was so much simpler. Their problems were so much easier to solve.
Being a mother is the one job I am proudest of in my life.
I love you Seth!
I love you Chloe!
I love you Luke!

No comments: