Friday, August 31, 2007

Whew!

What a week it has been. Going back to school is always so over the top.
The Minnesota Department of Education released the data on our state's test scores. One third of all our schools failed to make annual yearly progress (AYP). Our schools are in panic mode. There are all these NEW things we need to do to ensure that our students do better on the tests next year. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!
So, instead of getting ready for my students this week, I have been sitting in meetings to discuss data, and new initiatives, and UBD's, and our PDP's and many other insane things with letters. And we are going to get it done ASAP!
I just really wanted to be in my room getting ready for another amazing year. I wanted to get my lesson plans finalized, my papers all ready for the first day, a cute little message on the white board in the front of the room. Do you think I got a chance to do that? NO!
I love my job, but sometimes the crap that surrounds my profession make me crazy!
I'm a teacher, and a pretty darn good one at that. I just want to teach. I will teach what the state says I should teach.
Pretty sure it is easier to teach when I don't have 50 pounds of paperwork on my head.
There is definitely a reason why I didn't go into corporate America. I HATE meetings. I feel for any of you who have to sit in meetings day after day. I SO could not do it.

Now that I have vented, I am getting ready to begin my last weekend of freedom before school starts.
The kids and I are going to my parents cabin up north. My boys are leaving today with their grandparents. Chloe and I will be going up tomorrow morning. Chloe has a birthday party for her friend Jessica. Angela and I are going to my friend Lynda's house for dinner. I am very excited about it too!!

My hope is that you have love, laughter and peace over your Labor Day Weekend.

No comments: