Monday, September 8, 2008

2008 MTV Video Music Awards

Last night I watched almost all of the MTV VMA (Video Music Awards) on mute. This was the 25th anniversary show, and I had high hopes. I never miss these awards.
Mostly I realized that I am just out growing this music.
Rappers with thier butts hanging out of their pants, and hands on their crotch. The host was so foul, I couldn't stand to listen to him. Even Christina Aquilera was swearing in her song.
I am afraid I might have watched my last MTV awards show....and it sort of makes me sad. Music has changed a LOT over the years, and I don't think the change has been good. Instead of women being shown as strong, confident, independent beings, women are shown as objects. Objects to be oogled. It disgusts me.
Did anybody else watch the show?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, I didn't watch the awards.
I realized a few years ago I was too much of a fuddy duddy to watch it.
L.