Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School

Today was a very busy day.
It started out with four teenagers getting ready for school. Ryan started school at 7:00 with his Early Bird class. Luke and I went to school at 7:00. Angela brought Isaiah to school around 7:15, and finally Chloe walked up to school at 7:45 for her 8:00 start. I'm tired just writing all that.

Isaiah and Ryan both had good first days of school. They were happy to see their friends.
Luke had a good day also, and he really liked his teachers. (Lori and Lynda...he loved you both!) He is bummed that none of his friends are in his house, but besides that...
Chloe had a less than great day. It's tough to start high school as the new girl. She didn't talk to anybody all day. It's very sad. We keep telling her it will get better. The absolute answer to prayer was that Ryan, bless his little heart, found Chloe alone at lunch and sat with her. This saved her from sitting by herself during lunch as well. It brought tears to my eyes when he told me that he sought her out. He is a good boy!

Tonight our whole family went to Cheesecake Factory for a final whole group dinner. We never have everybody together. SO, Angela and her boys, and I and my brood piled in the minivan and drove up to Edina. We STUFFED our faces. We had great conversations, and decided that we are really going to miss Seth. (He leaves on Thursday) Tonight was not about being sad, however. It was about enjoying each other's company.

Now, I must get ready for bed, as I am EXHAUSTED after a very full day.

No comments: