Friday, September 14, 2007

Seth Checked In

I have sent some text messages back and forth with Seth, and we have spoken on the phone one time. Today, however, I got an email from him FINALLY!!!
Gotta love this kid.
Seth writes:


Hey Mom,

I will try and explain exactly what I am doing! It is crazy busy here. Since last Wednesday, 200 kids arrived at AIM for a one week training camp to prepare them for their trip to different countries. Our intern group is on Serve Team which means we are up by 5am and don't leave until 8, 9, or 10 at night. We serve food, clean up dishes, clean bathrooms, bedrooms, the office, refill water around the camp, and anything else they need help with. The day everyone got here, Caleb and I set up 20 tents and made a major path with woodchips. It has been a rough couple days and I still have until next Wednesday. Its hard not to have a bad attitude, but God has been helping me. It's really cool to be apart of such a big movement of people working for Christ! Even though we are in the background, I know we are making a difference.
I miss you so much too and not being at home sucks sometimes. Minnesota is the most beautiful state compared to the states I drove through and Georgia. I know you might not agree but I think so. Caleb and I found a lady who gave us 4 beautiful pieces of furniture from the Pottery Barn. They are 3 sectionals which fit together perfectly...even though they are different colors...it looks like a guys house haha! I miss you guys so much and can't wait for it to be Christmas so I can see you! Pray that the Lord gives me continued strength as I continue to work long hours with limited time for sleep! I love being down here and working for the Lord...I go to bed every night with a good feeling inside.


I love you,

Seth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, lovely email. I can see why you are so proud of him.
L.